dimanche, juin 03, 2007

More departures and a bit of quiet

NOTE: I finally have the posts up for the last four nights out! There was the Minimal Kills vs. Quattrocento party on May 25th, Nathan's B-day party on May 31st, my outing with the daughter of a prof of mine the next day, and Loco Dice at the Rex on the 2nd of June.

Phew! After several weeks of running (pretty much all of May, when I think about it), I decided to dedicate today to rest, rest, rest. Today was the final day for the departures pretty much all the U of Chicago students at my residence, so I found a veritable pile of bags full of non-perishables by my door when I got up today. A lot of the stuff was useful and I can hand over to the next group of students, but some of the stuff was clearly an attempt to avoid taking their crap to the dumpster. Either way, I'm going to have to do my best to shunt this stuff onto the next group of kids, because I'm leaving by the end of the month.

Anyway, I slept in very very late, and then rolled out of bed and checked my mail. Then I took a nap. Then I did some blogging and answered some emails. Then I took another nap in the light of the setting sun. Then I did something I hadn't done for ages: play a video game. That's the sort of leisure activity that I simply have no time for usually (alas). And so it went for the rest of the evening.

Aucun commentaire: