dimanche, janvier 11, 2009

Sleepy Sunday

Etude005: DYI Drum Kit

Mmmm, sweet repose.

After sleeping in again (yay!), I got up, did some blogging, and then headed out to do some laundry. I realized that the washers at the Laundromat are locked during the wash cycle, so I decided to take advantage of the 40 minutes I had free to go grab a coffee or something. I hit upon Café Charbon on Oberkampf and I had myself a little coffee at the zinc counter, while enjoying the golden-era interiors of the place.

After going back to the Laundromat and drying my stuff, I headed up to my apartment to fold the laundry. Just as I was folding, I got word from my friend from Chicago that he was passing through town again on his way to see his parents in Strasbourg. So I quickly finished folding while he came to my neighborhood. We grabbed a coffee in the café near my place and spent a couple of hours chatting, before grabbing a cheap kebab nearby and then seeing him off to the train station.

The rest of the day was spent working on another étude, catching up with some correspondence, and giving some serious thought to what I’m going to do to produce a new draft for my chapter. Alas, a lot of the books I need to consult aren’t available at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France, so I’m trying to figure out what I can do in the meanwhile….

Aucun commentaire: