lundi, janvier 05, 2009

Luis Makes Music! Sort of.

Etude 001: Look ma! I made something!


In keeping with resolution # 6 from my list of New Years Resolutions, I’m starting a series of “études”. That is, from now on, I’ll be posting every day or two a new short minimal/techni/glitch track, which I’ll be posting to this blog over here. Like a proper étude, these compositions will be primarily pedagogical; each one will involve me focusing on a particular aspect of the musical technology I’m working with (mostly Ableton Live) and making something with a limited set of materials.

So, anyway, be sure to check that out. For the next few days, I’ll be putting a link to the “Etude of the day” at the top of each post here.

My day was very hectic today, as it was the first day of the winter quarter and, for the first time, we have a full complement of 75 students in the center. It was pretty much non-stop work all day, although I’ll admit that wasn’t unpleasant. Most of the students this quarter seem to be nice kids. Seem to be. Check back with me in a couple weeks.

Also, it’s snowing! I woke up this morning to see snow on the skylight above my head. Although I love me some snow from time to time (especially since it tends to bring sunlight with it), Paris is not a city that is prepared for sustained snowfall, so the sidewalks were a treacherous mess today, and I’m pretty certain it’s going to freeze over tonight. Hooray!

Aucun commentaire: