vendredi, novembre 24, 2006

Hawaii photo Extravaganzaaa!

OK, so we take a break from my narrative of CarlaVisit to look back at some pictures of Hawaii that I have finally pulled off my camera. You can see the glib posts that these correspond to here, here, here, here, here and here.

Let us begin with the view of the beach from my awesome hotel room. The first picture captures the intensity of the sunlight, and the second captures the colour of the ocean.

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
This is just proof that the vegetarian sandwich shop really was called Ruffage.
click to enlarge
Hey look! A mosaic! I'm not sure why!
click to enlarge
A little souvenir market covered in ancient trees.
click to enlarge
This one and the next one are the façade of the Sheraton Waikiki, which seems to be located in a colonial plantation house.
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
This store was right next to the Sheraton Waikiki, in the middle of a lengthy strip of over-expensive luxury stores. We weren't sure if this was very clever or naïvely ironic.
click to enlarge
The Waikiki sunset (this is why everyone wants space on this beach), with a homeless man digging in the trash. This sort of encapsulates the experience on the beach (as opposed to the shopping strip). I'm glad the local police are tolerant towards the homeless and mentally ill; I'm always unnerved in urban centres that hide/remove their dispossessed (I'm looking at you, Rudy Giuliani).
click to enlarge
This store is called "80% Straight, Inc." Based on the type of bathing suits for sale and the rainbow flags flying from the hotel in which this is located, I think this store isn't naïvely ironic.
click to enlarge
This one and the next: gorgeous views inland.
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
This one and the next two: two views of the beach and Diamondhead. Isn't Hawai'i photogenic?
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
This one and the next: another set of beautiful sunsets from the bar at the Sheraton Waikiki
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
Sushi time! A bunch of us at Sansei sushi bar, including Andrew scratching himself in a way that says "Spoon me!" (sorry, inside joke, but couldn't resist) Also, Mike and Rumya looking unsuspecting.
click to enlarge
Distraction is the only way I can get Greg to smile for the camera. Right after this, he gave me the finger.
click to enlarge
A surprisingly intimate profile of Kate (I swear I'm gay!) and the back of Shayna's head.
click to enlarge
This one and the next: the gorgeous gardens at the Honolulu airport.
click to enlarge

2 commentaires:

Luis-Manuel Garcia a dit…

Amazing, isn't it? Anyway, as someone who has worked at the UO in his past, I'd recommend calling it "The Eating Disorder Factory." I got really sick of explaining to every depressed female customer "No no, it's just that the sizing is really small here."

Anonyme a dit…

Oh my! that is quite the profile of me there. I am curious as to the angle you were shooting from since even when sitting down I am a little taller than you :) -- K --