mercredi, février 18, 2009

It's all about the €€€

I GOT PAID, THANK YOU JEEBUS.

Well, I’m always getting paid regularly by the UofC for my assistanceship (work) money, but I’ve also been working a side-gig here in Paris as an English teacher at the Ecole des Chartes. When I first signed up, they didn’t say anything about their eccentric payment system, and then it wasn’t until the third or fourth week that I finally called them in confusion and found out that they only pay at the end of the semester. In other words, I would get all 12 weeks of pay in January. Well fuck.

But then, in January, I discovered that they only start the payment paperwork at the end of the semester, but nobody in the organization had any fucking clue how long the paperwork would take. So here you have this massive, well-funded organization, hiring foreign grad students to teach languages, and they’re making them wait nearly 6 months to get paid for their work. That seems reasonable, right?

Well, anyway, I got paid. So there.

Aucun commentaire: