dimanche, novembre 23, 2008

No text, just music, Part 1

Hello hello. I'm going into chapter-writing hiding, so I'm not going to be posting much to my blog. On the other hand, I feel bad not posting something, so I've decided to play the musical curator and post links to tracks that I've been enjoying with some minimal review/description. In general, I'm culling these from recent DJ charts and published playlists, so that what you'll be hearing here is what I've been hearing in clubs in Berlin and Paris these last few weeks.

So, without further ado, the first installment:

"Radar" by Stimming & H.O.S.H.

Radar - Stimming & H.O.S.H.

Those of you who have been reading my blog over the summer and fall already know how much I love Stimming's work. If this boy gets any better, I'll be asking him to marry me. Anyway, this is another track that was featured in his live sets, along with the ever-popular "Una Pena" and "Safari." Be sure to listen to just past the 5-minute point, where a long, siren-like build-up makes this sudden u-turn into mellow electric organ chords. It somehow works, and I can personally attest that it makes for a great climax on the dancefloor. These chords, pumped through a really powerful soundsystem, can have a really tactile "wash" effect. Anyway, great track.

Aucun commentaire: