jeudi, mai 17, 2007

Ow, Ow, Ow

Oh God, what were we thinking?

Last night, DJ brought a 5L mini-keg of Heineken to our little Eurovision party. By the voting round, we had already finished it, so we moved on to a bottle of vodka and some strawberry liquor that I had kicking around. By the time the voting results were being posted, DJ was violently ill. After DJ found a brief hiatus in his retching to head back to his room, I spent the next few minutes clutching the toilet bowl and praying for death.

All day DJ and I have barely left our rooms, convalescing and regretting and generally feeling like ass on a stick. I could barely bring myself to drink water, and my nasal passages were still burning from all the gastric acid (yes, you can imagine why). DJ couldn't keep solid food down until late in the afternoon. We debated whether it was the food or the alcohol that did it to us, since it seemed like a rather strong and sustained reaction for excessive drinking--especially for two guys who can usually hold their drink. Later today, I went back and ate bits of pretty much everything we ate last night, and nothing made me feel ill...

Either way, I will never mix beer with vodka again. Lesson learned.

2 commentaires:

lauren a dit…

Oh, Luis! Beer then liquor = never been sicker!!! I'm sorry you had to learn that one the hard way... I hope you don't have to start a DJ+Luis vomit label for your blog...

Luis-Manuel Garcia a dit…

Yeah, I was familiar with that little bit of wisdom, but the problem was remembering it after having consumed 2.5Litres of beer. =] Either way, I think that particular lesson has been carved into my body, now.