mardi, février 20, 2007

Epic Battles of Glorious Laundry

So, I had plans to do a lot of things today. Lots of small errands and tasks that needed to be wrapped up. And then I started my laundry, and suddenly my entire night evaporated. You see, there are only 3 washers and 3 dryers for a residence complex that includes 3 different towers. Add to this the fact that people tend to be slow to collect their loads of laundry when they're done. Add also the fact that the dryers are "free", which means people overload them and then keep on resetting them if their clothes aren't perfectly dry the first time.

All of this is to say that by the time I was putting my first load of clothes into a dryer, there were 4 people with loads of laundry, just standing there in the laundry room and waiting for someone to empty a washer or otherwise show weakness. The rest of the night (I had 3 more loads of laundry to do) went from worse to sucktastic, as people fought for available machines and yelled at each other for being stupid (which they were, from my perspective). So by the end of the day I had taken care of all my laundry, but I was in a foul, foul mood.

On the upside, things were going well before the whole laundry thing. I had finally gone to the butcher near my place and bought a roasted chicken. What I love about the roasted chicken here is that they're relatively small and very succulent, so one person can buy it and eat it as a main dish without feeling horribly overstuffed. I took mine home, stripped the carcass, and put the meat in a salad. It was delicious.

Aucun commentaire: