vendredi, novembre 10, 2006

Paper-writing sweatshop, Day 1

OK, my life gets a lot less interesting for the next few days.

This morning, I slept in a little bit, then headed off to the local boulangerie for lunch. Yesterday, I had given the folks at the boulangerie a sampling of my leftovers from Wednesday, since they had given me a big bag of day-old bread for free. When I came in today, the woman at the cash greeted me warmly and gave me her compliments on the food I had left. Apparently, the papas a la huancaína was a bit hit with her brother-in-law (who also worked there). Since this family of bakers is mostly maghrebi (arab/berber North African), they had no complaints about spice levels, although they said that they were stunned at the spicyness of the mango salsa. I assured them that even I have trouble eating salsa that spicy.

This was, alas, the high-point of my day. After that, I went home, locked my door, and started working on my paper for SEM. Slowly, slowly, something began to emerge...but not enough. I had sketched out the entirety of my arguemtn and event turned it into a more detailed set of topic sentences, but I only had about 1/3 of the paper in finished, full prose by the time I went to bed. Thus, the need for Day 2 of my paper-writing sweatshop...

Aucun commentaire: