dimanche, avril 29, 2007

Brunch and Sloth

Despite the fact that I only got to bed at 7am, I managed to get my ass out of bed at 11h30 with little difficulty. Mercifully, I had taken care of almost all of my cooking yesterday, so all I needed to do was shower, put the food into bags, and then head off.

I stopped at my boulangerie to drop off a bottle of the huancaína sauce that I had made, since I knew that the man who ran the place was very fond of it. From there, I headed over to my friend's place and managed to actually be the first person to arrive. Even I was impressed with myself...

Brunch was fantastic. Aside from the food I brought, there was a veritable cornucopia of good food, including some delicious asparagus, savoury pancakes (a fantastic idea, I might add), french toast, banana bread and more. We set out the food in a sort of buffet and then just grazed on it for hours on end. By the time we were done and ready to head our separate ways, several hours had passed and I was blindingly full.

With a bit of banana bread rolled up in tinfoil, I lurched to the nearest bus stop and headed home. I did actually have work to do (especially the write-up for last night), but I was so full at the time that all I could do was take a sort of "waking siesta." I sat at my computer, watching American cartoons on the Internet and reading the world news. It took me at least two hours before I could function at any intellectual level.

And, not surprisingly, dinner was two pieces of fruit.

Aucun commentaire: